Wednesday, September 25, 2013

There was an old woman who lived in a shoe....

 
 
    This is not the OLD WOMAN's shoe.  She had so many children that she didn't know what to do.  I have a lot of kids, but most days it doesn't really feel like a crowd.  The kids each have their own activities and except for the crowd that congregates in the kitchen when supper is on the stove, it really usually quiet around here.  Unlike the old woman ,I am not OLD.   I may be 5 decades plus chronologically, but inside I am 29 Sometimes my heart, kidneys, and joints argue with me over that point.
     My name is Cheryl Whitten, but as a friend once said, "I am thinking of changing my name to Shirley Blessed".  This is because the God that I serve takes really good care of my family and me.  Because of his bountiful care, I have never had to send my kids to bed with" tea and without any bread".  Oh it has been close a time or two, but God always has provided. sometimes in really spectacular ways.    I would like to use this blog to share our experiences with you so that God may be praised
     Someone recently chastised me for bothering God with too many little requests.  She said that I should waste God's time with the little things.  But my God is the Lord of the little things. You only have to look at any of his creations to see this.   As a loving Father, he delights in hearing from me and has instructed to cast all my cares on Him.
     So I will continue to ask God for our needs and lift the prayer requests of others up to the throne.  I want to remember, however to praise God for His marvelous works and  as one of my favorite songs , sung by Marvin Sapp says, "Praise Him in Advance"
http://youtu.be/PvganA6nrf0

I would like to use this blog to share some of my musings with you from day to day. 

 
Quote of the Day: "I slept and I dreamed that life was all joy. I woke and saw that life was but service. I served and understood that service was joy" - Rabindranath Tagore
 

No comments:

Post a Comment