Monday, October 21, 2013

Beautiful Feet

 

 

How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news,
who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation,
who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!”  Isaiah 52:7

Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.®
 
Today I want to have beautiful feet.  Good old bare feet.  Not covered up with fancy shoes.  I just want to take the time to tell you how God has blessed us in the last week.  The weather has gotten colder.  Locals still consider the weather mild, but I am already dressing in layers and heaping on the blankets.  My body tells me that it should still be hot out.   Last week we were blessed when our friend Jim was able to come over and install the pipes for our pellet stove.  The family is luxuriating in the heat produced by this wonderful little stove. 
 
Another huge blessing is that finally we have a roof that is water tight.  (Temporarily)  At my brother's advice, I purchased some tarp, nails, and roof patch and we slathered the stuff on the flat roof and nailed the tarp over the pitched part of the annex roof.  actually Sam and our neighbor, Sonny did it.  this weekend, it rained cats and dogs and the roof held !!!!!  whistles  and applause....
 Now I can clean out our formerly rain forrest themed bedrooms  and start decorating them into real bedrooms with furniture etc.
 
My third blessing is that the lost has been found.....  My Surface Pro tablet computer that had been missing in action since the move , re "surfaced"...(insert GROANS here)
 
And Last but not least, I was blessed this weekend to be able to spend time visiting with my birth mom, her husband, my sister, and my nieces.  We did a lot of visiting and a little shopping.  On Friday, I found several nice  lamps at a resale shop for 3 and 4 dollars each.  Our house has no ceiling lights so these lamps along with the several lamps Mimi had found for us will have us living, not only in a warm ,dry house, but also a bright and cheery one.
 
 Isn't God Wonderful?

No comments:

Post a Comment